226 Fullarton Road
Glenside South Australia 5065
+61 8 8394 2575
monkeys [at] monkeystack.com.au
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS CLOSED!
Showreels, portfolios, resumes! How to get a foot into the Digital Media Industry...
Are you an emerging Digital Artist or Animator seeking a career? If you are, then the Monkeystack Incubator for Digital Artists may be the final nudge you need to snag your first gig in the industry.
The Monkeystack Incubator for Digital Artists is designed to give participants studio and industry experience, while adding to and polishing their existing portfolio. Selection for the programme is merit based and is open to graduates or existing practitioners seeking to enter the industry full time. The programme takes place within the Monkeystack studio located at ADELAIDE STUDIOS, 226 Fullarton Road Glenside. The course runs two days a week over a three month period (February to April). It is assumed that the participants will have a sound understanding of their software of choice as the projects concentrate more specifically on refining existing skills and refining process to deliver a high quality result.
Successful applicants work on their show reels and portfolios with industry based briefing, critique and workflow, in a studio based environment. Participants will also gain a sound understanding of the landscape of the Digital Animation and Games industry in Adelaide, and learn how best to ready themselves to approach these organisations for work.
KEY BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS:
- Polish and refine your existing skills and develop a strong portfolio under the guidance of industry professionals
- Individually tailored projects suited to your specific skill set
- Work in a real production environment, learning about production pipeline, methodology and work practice
- Learn to work with creative directors and production managers and how to interpret and apply a client brief
- Gain an insight into the landscape of the Digital Animation industry in Adelaide
So... Does the Monkeystack Incubator for Digital Artists sound like it might be a good way to kick start your career?
Future dates announced soon.
Take a look at some of the featured work from past Incubators below:
THE INCUBATOR IS PROUDLY SPONSORED BY